Sunday, December 14, 2008
Mitch is COMPLETELY addicted or committed to basketball. You can find him outside 6-7 days a week practicing and playing with whoever will play with him or by himself. He comes home from school and doesn't even come in until he gets at least 20 minutes in. Then he will play very often 2 hours or until it gets dark. It doesn't matter if t is 30 degrees or 100 degrees, he is outside.
He practices with the 12 year olds in our ward sometimes, and can hold his own! The coach is excited to have him in 3 years! The funny thing is this is all new in the last couple of years. He now loves basketball, football, and rugby. A couple of years ago (ok when he was 1-5) he was all into vacuums. I wasn't sure what to do with him. We have gone through 6 vacuums in his short life. We are now on #7. We went with a dyson for the warranty, although I think he has outgrown the desire to play with vacuums! I think sports are easier to deal with. the vacuum addiction was very cute though!
He has a drawer full of collared golf shirts and jeans,but will he wear them? NO!!! He wears too big T-shirts with the Jazz on them and washes them frequently so he can wear them or some other athletic shirts EVERY day. I barely got him to stop wearing shorts to school last week!
He wants to play college basketball at BYU when he grows up. He knows he has to have good grades to get in, so a few weeks ago at SEP conference, he had a B on his report card and he wanted to make sure that the B wouldn't mess up his chances of getting into school. I assured him that he was ok. I thought that was very cute! He is such a good boy and a joy to have around. I am so glad that he has found something that he likes and that he sets goals for himself. I am a proud mother!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving one and all! We have so many things to be thankful for at this time of the year as all of you do too! I would love to tell you what we are all thankful for today.
Alyssa is thankful for: her daddy and mommy, preschool!, nursery, the temple
Lindsey is thankful for: her clothes, food, family and her friends
Mitch is thankful for: basketball, his sisters, friends and BYU
Shanna is thankful for: her family, blessings that come from trials, friends, The Gospel and the knowledge that comes from it, that we can continually try and be better, healthy kids, a great husband, my home, all my extended family(including Jess's great family) I have alot to be thankful for!
Jess is thankful for: his family, me, that Mitch goes with him to BYU games, that his girl's go on dates with him, The Gospel, that he has the opportunity to get his MBA(even though it is really hard) and of course BYU football!
We hope that this day finds you happy and able to reflect on all of the blessings that you have. It makes life so much easier to deal with when we have an "Attitude of Gratitude" and look for all of the positive things in life! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
We Love You So Much!
Today Alyssa turned 3. It is hard to believe! It has one by so fast, and we have loved every minute with this sassy little girl. She had a princess party today, and she was dressed as Cinderella. I will post some pictures soon. But today, I will tell you my 5 favorite things about Miss Allysa.
- She comes and tells me secrets like "I love you mommy". I love it.
- She loves to snuggle and have me read her stories.
- She gives funny looks, disgusted looks, and dirty looks. It is hilarious. I wonder who she gets that from?! hmm...
- She is very grateful. She tells me thank you for EveRyThinG!
- She is so cute! She is just fun to dress up. People stop us all the time to say how beautiful she is. She always says thank you. How cute is she?! I know people stop you too about your kids. I still love it!
I love my little girl, and I could go on and on, but she is so sweet and I hope she knows how much I love her!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Today is our 10 year anniversary! Happy Anniversary Jess! 10 Years ago today, we got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. It has been the best thing I ever did. Jess has been a great husband and dad to our kids and I will go ahead and say that I have been an awesome wife as well! (I'm kidding...I am sure he would say that though.) Today I am going to give you 10 tidbits for 10 years.
1. Our Kids. They have been a huge blessing in our lives. They came to us very fast in our marriage, but I know that was meant to be and I wouldn't change it. I love Mitch, Lindsey and Alyssa and I am glad to have Jess to help me raise these sweet kids.
2. Our First House. We moved about every 2 years for the first 6 years and gathered many friends and memories along the way. Now we are in our first house We have been here for 4 years and will be here probably 4 more (at least). I love having it be mine. I am glad we got to move around little before settling down, because I LOVE meeting new people.
3. Our First Minivan. We finally broke down and got one last year. It has been nice. I think SUV's might be nice too!
4. Golf. We love golf. I got Jess into it shortly after we got married and he would like everyone to know, that he finally beat me on his birthday last year. Oh...and he beat me at mini-golf on my 28th birthday when I was 9 months pregnant with Alyssa. I still tell him that was rude.
5. Vacations. We haven't traveled much. I hope we will more. Some fun places we have gone include: McCall, ID.-We have stayed there a couple times in a condo with our kids. We Love, Love, Love it there, We have also taken our kids to Bear Lake and Wolf Creek. I guess we need to get out more! We are taking them to Disneyland in the spring. Jess and I have gone to Missouri and Nauvoo. We have also gone to California. Time to Travel!
6. School. I graduated with my associates a few days before M and L were born. I started back to get my bachelor's, and found out I was preggo with A. That's on hold for now. We got Jess through school, getting his bachelors degree in Business Finance. Now we are into school again! Jess getting his MBA. I guess some things never change.
7. Cars. When we got married, I had a little red chevy cavalier and Jess had a gold ford taurus. Then he got a blue oldsmobile. Then we sold both and got a maroon dodge stratus....then a white jeep grand cherokee, navy dodge stratus and now a silver dodge grand caravan. Do we like dodge? Apparently. But now I want a wine colored Honda Pilot...Maybe someday!
8. Church. We love church. We both have our dream callings right now. Jess is the Scoutmaster and he is very good at it. He is also the 2nd counselor in YM. I am the secretary in YW. I LOVE Young Women's. I hope to be there for a long time. We have also been primary teachers, the ward librarians and various other things separately in these 10 years.
9. Work. Our jobs over the last 10 years. Shanna--Artco customer service for 7 months after we were married and then SAHM for 9 years. Love it. I did sell Cookie Lee Jewelry for awhile and loved that. Jess--worked at Showcase Interiors for 7 months after we were married and then at Fidelity Investments since. He worked there while going to school full time and he has even had a few second jobs to make ends meet including: a paper route(there is a funny story about that), Albertson's Deli, Delta Center and Fed-Ex. He is definitely a hard worker.
10. Family. We both come from great families. We have been able to go to every one of our siblings wedding(except Gina and John who got married before us in Logan, UT),and they have all been in the temple. Adam and Krystal in Mesa, AZ. Darci and Dale in Idaho Falls, ID. Ryan and Becca in Idaho Falls, Id. Brandon and Shari in Salt Lake City, UT. Andy and Katie in Bountiful, UT. and Suzanne and Sterling in Idaho Falls, ID. I love all of my in-laws and think of my SIL's as my sisters. All of them. That has been a blessing! note: when CJ is married, we will be there too.
All in all, we have had a good and adventurous 10 years.
We have had good times and rough times but thankfully, it has been together!
I LOVE YOU JESS!!!
the above picture is horrible i know. I took a picture of a picture.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
7. I, like Jaclyn, love love love to pop zits. So gross, but so fun.
4. I get my words mixed up all of the time. I mean to say one thing and say another. Jess tells me that it is one of the things he loves about me. phew.
3. I love Clorox. I love how it smells after I clean with it. I use it more than should, and I have ruined linoleum from not using it right, but I love it. Along those same lines, I have to scrub my tile kitchen floor. I can mop other floors, but my kitchen floor has to be down on my hands and knees scrubbed. My sisters think I am weird.
2. I drool. It is a serious problem. It s family related, because, although I will not name names, there are others with the same problem. In high school, I would be concentrating so hard in class, that all of the sudden, there would be drool on the desk and I would get so embarressed and hurry and wipe it up. Luckily, no one ever noticed.
1.Well, THIS is another family trait:
Ok, the pictures at the top should be here. Pretend they are for effect.
A few of us, including my dad , do this pose when we are relaxing. So weird, but SO relaxing. Try it...........................................................................................................................................................................
What did YOU think?! When I am talking on the phone or watching a movie, you will often find me in one of these two ways.
So now you know a little about my oddities, but I am sure that you still find me facinating. Just to be fair, next we I will brag about my most awesome qualities! j/k
Now I tag: Cortnie, Katie, Dee, Rachel, Irene, and Bonnie
Good Luck and Have Fun!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
OK I was crying, because that's what NEW KIDS
fans do. So look out Nov. 15th, here I come.
WHO'S WITH ME?! COME ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
UPDATE: The mistake was fixed...all is well! I guess they are still practically perfect:)
Friday, July 25, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I am sure everyone heard about the storms that happened out here in my neck-of-the-woods yesterday. It was bad. I heard all of the nasty hale pounding on my house for a good 10-15 minutes hard! My kids went out to play for a minute in the HUGE puddle( aka pond) at the end of our circle for a few minutes and then came running in to tell me that one of our neighbors had water in their basement almost up to the ceiling! It was true! I went down and a house about 4 houses down (with a road in between was completely flooded. When I looked in the window, it was a leafy, watery mess. You can see the picture of the water being pumped out of their basement. After about 2 hours, there was still at least 3 feet of water left. I don't know how much longer it took. The house to the east got about a foot of water. We spent a couple of hours getting the stinky silty mess off of the lawn while the water was being pumped out. We were on channel 4 and fox 13. I left after that to take care of the kiddies, but I know many of my neighbors were helping get furniture and things out of the 2 houses until 9 or 10 last night. What a mess!
***a big shout out to dee bulkley and melanie for their accurate and amazing photgraphy used for this blog. It also made it on channel 4. They are accepting awards and requests for their autograph(especially dee).
Saturday, July 19, 2008
My girlfriends and I went and saw it last night. It was hilarious! It was funny seeing such a cheesy movie. The actors/actresses really played up their parts and did a good job. Now remember, it is PG-13 so I wouldn't recommend taking the kids or anything, but we loved it. I am sure that movie is a little more entertaining if you know the ABBA songs, as most of us did, but those who didn't still found the movie very good. I have to admit that we were tempted to get up and dance at the end---Don't worry, we didn't. I am willing to go again, just be prepared for an after-movie-dance-party. Momma Mia anyone?!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
We went up to Idaho this past weekend for the 4th, and for my dad's family reunion. On friday the 4th, we went to my cousin Stephanie's wedding at the Shelton Reception Center in Idaho Falls. They had a nice outdoor ceremony, but I am not sure why they chose the 4th to get married on! After that, we just went to Rexburg and watched the fireworks and did a few of our own with my mom and dad, and Sue and Sterling and fam. Pretty low-key. On Saturday, we had the Wray Reunion. It was fun to see cousins that I don't see often, but none of my close cousins came this year:( My kids had a great time with all of their cousins though. It was held at my Grandma and Grandpa Wray's house (even though they are not living) I guess it is now my uncles house. It is the house that my grandma's dad built. It is really old, but my grandparents took great care of it. They had a beautiful lawn and it was always so fun to play there. The swingset has been there for at least 50 years! I think it is so important to build strong family ties, and we had fun on saturday. The kids had fun swinging on the swings, jumping on the tramp, playing in the orchard, and eating cotton candy. And there was even more fun! Mitch had fun getting dunked in the dunk tank(which I missed) full of...canal water! He was freaked out after he swallowed a bunch. Hey we used to swim in ditches and things all of the time. It's Idaho! And I love it!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
After the reunion, we went back to Rexburg, and went to the new splash park. We went with Brandon, Shari and kids. My kids and Ryan all had so much fun. They were all freezing cold, and were chattering away, but were not about ready to leave. We also rode the carousel there at the park. My kids love to ride it when we go to Rexburg. All in all, we had a great weekend in Idaho and are planning to go back in a few weeks for a little longer. Right now I need to go to sleep as I am off in the morning for Girls Camp! I am excited. Wish me luck!