Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July and Wray Reunion










We went up to Idaho this past weekend for the 4th, and for my dad's family reunion. On friday the 4th, we went to my cousin Stephanie's wedding at the Shelton Reception Center in Idaho Falls. They had a nice outdoor ceremony, but I am not sure why they chose the 4th to get married on! After that, we just went to Rexburg and watched the fireworks and did a few of our own with my mom and dad, and Sue and Sterling and fam. Pretty low-key. On Saturday, we had the Wray Reunion. It was fun to see cousins that I don't see often, but none of my close cousins came this year:( My kids had a great time with all of their cousins though. It was held at my Grandma and Grandpa Wray's house (even though they are not living) I guess it is now my uncles house. It is the house that my grandma's dad built. It is really old, but my grandparents took great care of it. They had a beautiful lawn and it was always so fun to play there. The swingset has been there for at least 50 years! I think it is so important to build strong family ties, and we had fun on saturday. The kids had fun swinging on the swings, jumping on the tramp, playing in the orchard, and eating cotton candy. And there was even more fun! Mitch had fun getting dunked in the dunk tank(which I missed) full of...canal water! He was freaked out after he swallowed a bunch. Hey we used to swim in ditches and things all of the time. It's Idaho! And I love it!

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Shanna! Holy cow! I don't know if you remember me. You were my visiting teacher in Midvale. I found your blog off my sis-in-law's, Heather. It's so fun to see your cute kids. I can't believe how big Mitch and Lindsey are. Crazy! I also have a blog, if you want to see my little family. It is scarlettann.blogspot.com. I hope all is going well!