Sunday, July 13, 2008

There is Nothing Better.....

Than a Girl's Camp Testimony Meeting. Do you all remember those? You are out in the beautiful World that God created for us. You are dirty and tired and have about had it. That is the perfect setting for being humble enough for the spirit to completely overwhelm you and everyone around you. I have to say that I love Girl's Camp and I feel totally blessed to be able to go. Although it is really hard to leave my kids, deal with girl's and their issues, and get soooo dirty and gross, I have to say that Testimony Meeting on Thursday Nights ALWAYS make it worth it. Girl's that haven't been to church in a year get up and say they know God loves them, or that they know that church is where they need to be. Shy girls get the courage to bear their testimonies in front of the little safe haven they feel. Girls express their love for each other and the examples they are to one another. They even let their leaders know that they don't always think we are insane. They love us too! I have absolutely no doubt that Heavenly Father had a HUGE reason for implementing Girl's Camp and Testimony Meeting. Many testimonies are strengthened, and Girl's---even the ones that sometimes feel unloved or not part of the group---are able to bond with each other and know, that people love them, Especially Heavenly Father.....

3 comments:

Liz Cheney said...

I just sent a message to jen letting her know we wanted to get together. I am actually going on a last minute trip to Gardner Village around noon if you feel so inclined. I love Girls Camp testimony meeting too. I had good years and bad years at Girls camp but testimony meeting was always the same.

Darci said...

I feel the same way about Girl's Camp Testimony Meetings - what could be a better time to bear your testimony than in the wide open space of the beautiful world with your friends in the gospel?

chrissy said...

I couldn't agree more. I always had a hard time expressing myself and how I felt, but at girl's camp testimony meeting I always felt the spirit so strongly, and had no problem saying everything I wanted to. I know that for me, my testimony was always strengthened tremendously after girl's camp. I've got goosebumps right now just thinking about it!