Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What a Mess!!!





I am sure everyone heard about the storms that happened out here in my neck-of-the-woods yesterday. It was bad. I heard all of the nasty hale pounding on my house for a good 10-15 minutes hard! My kids went out to play for a minute in the HUGE puddle( aka pond) at the end of our circle for a few minutes and then came running in to tell me that one of our neighbors had water in their basement almost up to the ceiling! It was true! I went down and a house about 4 houses down (with a road in between was completely flooded. When I looked in the window, it was a leafy, watery mess. You can see the picture of the water being pumped out of their basement. After about 2 hours, there was still at least 3 feet of water left. I don't know how much longer it took. The house to the east got about a foot of water. We spent a couple of hours getting the stinky silty mess off of the lawn while the water was being pumped out. We were on channel 4 and fox 13. I left after that to take care of the kiddies, but I know many of my neighbors were helping get furniture and things out of the 2 houses until 9 or 10 last night. What a mess!



***a big shout out to dee bulkley and melanie for their accurate and amazing photgraphy used for this blog. It also made it on channel 4. They are accepting awards and requests for their autograph(especially dee).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very in depth reporting there Shanna. Very impressive, now if we could just get you on channel 4, we would be in business! Thanks for the shout out. People keep stopping me in the streets for my autograph, really, I just can't go anywhere! By the way, you forgot to mention about your spotlight on channel 13... The shot from behind of you raking the leaves... I have famous hands, you have famous buns ;)

The Selleneits said...

Wow what a day it was. We did not have any of that out here by me just ran on and off. We did play outside and that was fun. But nothing like you had. Glad to know you and your family are safe.