Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mitch: My all-time Favorite basketball player

Isn't he adorable?!!

Mitch is COMPLETELY addicted or committed to basketball. You can find him outside 6-7 days a week practicing and playing with whoever will play with him or by himself. He comes home from school and doesn't even come in until he gets at least 20 minutes in. Then he will play very often 2 hours or until it gets dark. It doesn't matter if t is 30 degrees or 100 degrees, he is outside.

Mitch loves to watch basketball on TV and rarely misses the Jazz or BYU games. Sometimes he is even lucky enough to go with his dad to Jazz games. He also went to the Matt Harpring basketball camp this summer. That he didn't love so much. Matt ran a great camp, and didn't let the kids mess around. That was good because Mitch learned a lot!



He practices with the 12 year olds in our ward sometimes, and can hold his own! The coach is excited to have him in 3 years! The funny thing is this is all new in the last couple of years. He now loves basketball, football, and rugby. A couple of years ago (ok when he was 1-5) he was all into vacuums. I wasn't sure what to do with him. We have gone through 6 vacuums in his short life. We are now on #7. We went with a dyson for the warranty, although I think he has outgrown the desire to play with vacuums! I think sports are easier to deal with. the vacuum addiction was very cute though!

He has a drawer full of collared golf shirts and jeans,but will he wear them? NO!!! He wears too big T-shirts with the Jazz on them and washes them frequently so he can wear them or some other athletic shirts EVERY day. I barely got him to stop wearing shorts to school last week!

He wants to play college basketball at BYU when he grows up. He knows he has to have good grades to get in, so a few weeks ago at SEP conference, he had a B on his report card and he wanted to make sure that the B wouldn't mess up his chances of getting into school. I assured him that he was ok. I thought that was very cute! He is such a good boy and a joy to have around. I am so glad that he has found something that he likes and that he sets goals for himself. I am a proud mother!




Go Mitch!!!




9 comments:

chrissy said...

Ya, I was thinking that the weather in those pictures looked a little chilly. Funny that he'd only wear the tshirts and shorts even in that weather!

And good for him for setting goals and going after them! Maybe when he's famous, can he get us good seats to one of his games???

Bonnie said...

Yep, I'm convinced. He is definitely adorable! Go, Mitch!

Scarlett said...

How fun! I serioulsy can't get over how fast they have grown! I remember they were so shy! And now he's out playing basketball! Crazy!

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful post about your boy! Crazy kid to be wearing shorts! Talia is still thinking she can wear capri's. She gets mad at us like every morning cause we tell her to change. He will be a very good basketball player if he keeps it up!

Mindy said...

Shanna! I would love if you added me to your sidebar. I'm planning on updating mine soon and then I'll add you, too. I've just added you to my reader and I'm excited to read all about your family. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how much they've grown!

Stacie said...

Shanna, hey girl how's it goin'. This is Stacie Rhodes(Bingham) from Ricks. I found you through Anne's blog. You have such darling family. I can't believe how fast time flies...your kids are growing up so fast! I think it's cute that Mitch thinks he has to have perfect grades right now...hopefully that will last through highschool. :) Hope you are having a great Christmas season.

Stacie said...

Shanna, hey girl how's it goin'. This is Stacie Rhodes(Bingham) from Ricks. I found you through Anne's blog. You have such darling family. I can't believe how fast time flies...your kids are growing up so fast! I think it's cute that Mitch thinks he has to have perfect grades right now...hopefully that will last through highschool. :) Hope you are having a great Christmas season.

gina said...

good job mitch! aidan had so much fun watching/playing with mitchey at the christmas party.

Kelli said...

That is awesome that he loves basketball so much. I can relate. Basketball has always been my favorite. Mitch is smart boy!!