Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Mitch and Lins!

Alyssa loved Elmo's World. She probably would have been happy to sit there and watch him .
Testing their strength at Discovery
Kind of fitting for my kids to be in a life flight helicoptor for their birthday!
More of Discovery

Ok this has gone by waaaaay to fast. My babies(yes they still are) are 9 years old today. This is shocking to me in a few ways. First of all, that means I am getting old. I know that you are all a little shocked by that because first of all, I am YOUNG. I am not old. People with 9 year olds are not young anymore. OK I am still young, but reality is starting to creep up on me that I am about halfway through with having these little people in my house. That scares me. We still have so many things to do and I have so much to teach them. This day has been more traumatic for me than turning 30(which actually was not traumatic at all--I have loved it). Anyway, M & L have been so fun and I am so thankful to have them. Yesterday, besides going to Discovery, we went to build-a-bear for their birthday. They had a great time and we are going to post pics of their new bears. Anyways, for their b-day, I just wanted to write 5 of my favorite things about each of them.


Mitch--1. He hates to be late which is very helpful in a family like ours. 2. He is very bright and takes school very seriously. 3. He is pretty nice to his sisters. 4. He is passionate about basketball which is a very good thing 5. Even though he thinks girls are soooo gross, he still likes me!


Lins--1. She is very helpful 2. She has the greatest self-esteem...no one can get her down 3. She has the cutest freckle/mole above her lip...she rolls her eyes when I tell her how much I adore it. 4. She is nice to everyone 5. She is very good at dance and practices all the time!


Happy Birthday my 2lb and 1lb 14 oz babies. I love you.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Shanna I love this, They are pretty amazing aren't they? I too can't believe kids will be leaving my house in less years now than when they have been with me, I am not as nervous about it as I used to be. But, if I think in the eternal scope of things, we're just getting started! and that makes me feel better. Sounds like you had a great day! thanks for sharing.

Tiffany said...

Happy belated birthday Mitch and Lindsey! They sure have grown from those 2 lbs and 1 lb 14 oz babies they were! =) You are such a great mom Shanna! BTW tell Jess you need a new camera for mothers day. Your pictures kind of turn out blurry. I can still tell what they are and things but not the details. You will hate that later when they are all grown up and you are looking at the pictures. Just a thought! =)

The Selleneits said...

I cant belive how grown up your kids are. Its great