Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's about time!

See how excited she is!
She is a big girl!
because....
She Potty-trained herself!!!
Ok...let me just admit it. 3 kids, and I have NO idea how to potty train. Why you might ask? Well, it
could be that I just have no patience, or it could be that I have naughty kids, but alas, I think it is that I just don't get it! I just am not good at potty training! Mitch and Lindsey were both over 3 when they finally made the switch. Let me just tell you. One day in the fall when they were 3, my neighbor Amy said to Lins "Lindsey, aren't you embarrassed that your Mom still has to change your diapers?" Lindsey kind of smiled and ran inside and wanted her big-girl unders on. NEVER had 1 accident...to this day! Well, Mitch took a few more months, but he Never had an accident either! They were totally ready and did it on their own. So...Now Lyss is Finally Potty-trained! Yay! She has been lf potty trained since about November. She decided that I didn't need to change her stinky diapers anymore and I never have. Then last week, we got home from Costco and her pants got wet from her pull-up, so she decided to start wearing her big-girl unders! She only had 2 accidents and one was at 5 in the morning. It has been about 10 days...so we made it! Yay for my big girl!

11 comments:

The Selleneits said...

WOW that is great. And very exciting.

Scarlett said...

Ok,I am so jealous! Kassi is over 3and I've tried potty training her before, but I keep finding excuses to put it off. Well, YESTERDAY, I decided to just take off her diaper and let her walk around naked, but I put a diaper back on her at night. So far so good! Hopefully in 10 days I will have an entry on my blog that is announcing her potty training success! Wish me luck!

Bonnie said...

Hurray! The iron yoke of oppression has been broken from your neck and you are free! Free at last!

Melissa said...

Shanna, I am GREEN With Jealousy!! We are still buying diapers for 4, yes you read that right 4 (2 are only night diapers) but come on, throw me a bone on the instructions, I NEED HELP!! :) love ya!

Shanna said...

Oh Scarlett, I hope for your sake that you have success too! I am sure you will! Hallelujah Bonnie, I am free! and Yes Melissa, I wish I Could throw you a bone, but remember, I still don't know how!

chrissy said...

That's awesome! I can't wait for the day when I don't have to buy diapers anymore. Or change 'em. GROSS.

amy said...

hey shanna those pictures are darling! no more diapers? dare i say time for a new baby? jk
love and miss you much

Kelli said...

You are not terrible at potty training. It is just a terrible thing to teach. My two that are potty trained did it on their own when they were three and we didn't have accidents. I say we wait until then because it makes potty training easier, but really it is because I am lazy!

Grace Michaelson said...

Lyssy, Lyssy, Lyssy. What a mess... Can't wait to see you guys!

Irene said...

Freedom from diapers is awesome!I am very happy for you!

Tiffany said...

Good Job Lyssa! I hate potty training too. I am trying to talk myself into getting down and dirty with Peyton to get potty trained before the baby comes. She is only 2, but seems to be interested and will go every now and then on the potty.